Time Out Mission InternationalPreparing for the return of Jesus the Bridegroom King
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT HUMILITY by Dr. John E. Apeh of NigeriaSee All Words For The Week
The Word of God has many things to say about humility which is a noble virtue.
Please read and meditate on these scriptures as God will surely speak to your soul through
them in a new way.
1. When he makes inquisition for blood, he remembers them: he forgets not the cry of the humble (Ps 9:12).
2. LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear (Ps 10:17).
3. Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly (Prov 3:34).
4. The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility (Prov 15:33).
5. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud (Prov 16:19).
6. By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life (Prov 22:4)
7. A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit (Prov 29:23).
8. For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of
the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones (Isa 57:15).
9. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matt 18:4)
10. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted (Matt 23:12)
11. But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace
unto the humble (Jas 4:6).
12. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due
time: (1Pet 5:6)